With the current federal highway/transit funding authorization set to expire at the end of May and the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) facing another cash crisis at some point over the summer, there are many questions about this year’s construction season and conditions for the transportation construction market in the foreseeable future.
ARTBA’s Chief Economist Dr. Alison Premo Black and ARTBA Senior Vice President of Government Relations Dave Bauer will provide their insights on the HTF situation, the possible timing for a long-term surface transportation bill, and other key factors impacting national and state market conditions during this 75-minute webinar.
Key topics covered:
• A snapshot of current highway, transit, bridge, ports and waterways, and airport runway market conditions during the first quarter of 2014, and a forecast for the remainder of the year;
• State and local transportation investment trends, including recently passed legislation and upcoming ballot initiatives;
• A national report on which states have canceled projects because of the continued uncertainty swirling around the HTF and which states are considering delaying projects;
• An examination of which state markets are doing well and which are not; and
• A possible legislative path forward for addressing the HTF’s ongoing fiscal challenges and the passage of a MAP-21 reauthorization bill.
Dr. Black and Mr. Bauer will also include time to answer participant questions.