This book offers guidance and case studies on the latest design techniques, repair methods, specialized software, materials, and advanced maintenance procedures for bridges and highway structures.
- Diagnostic design and selective reconstruction;
- Bridge failure studies and safety engineering;
- Analytic approach to fracture and failure;
- Load and resistance factor rating and redesign;
- Inspection and structural health monitoring;
- Bridge widening and replacement strategies;
- Conventional repair methods;
- Advanced repair methods;
- Concrete repair methods;
- Extreme events of flood scour and countermeasures design; and
- Guidelines for seismic design and retrofit methods.