Recorded: Thursday, August 6
The Path Forward on the Federal Highway & Transit Investment Bill & Potential Transportation Construction Market Impacts
For the first time in more than a decade, one chamber of the U.S. Congress has passed a surface transportation reauthorization investment bill that is longer than two years.
The Senate’s July 30 approval (65-34) of the “Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy (DRIVE) Act” has set up what is sure to be an interesting—and busy—fall as pressure mounts on the House of Representatives to introduce its version of a bill this September.
In this free, 60-minute webinar, ARTBA’s chief lobbyist and economist will breakdown all of the recent developments, explain how you can help the grassroots level during August, and took time to answer questions.
The speakers will:
- Provide a comprehensive summary of the DRIVE Act’s key provisions;
- Analyze the DRIVE Act’s potential impacts on future construction market growth;
- Assess current road and bridge market conditions;
- Highlight the fall legislative calendar and discuss the timeline for House action; and
- Provide tips on scheduling a meeting with your representatives during the August recess and what to say once you come face-to-face with them.